Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ravelry

I love Ravelry. (pssst - shinypapillon there) I keep finding amazing patterns and getting wonderful ideas. For Xmas my mother got me a knitted ear-warmer/headband. It's adorable, but I knew I could knit it better. I tried to figure out the increases, but wasn't getting it right. I found a pattern on Ravelry that was better and used worsted weight yarn, which I have a ton of that I want to use up.

So, a little modifications and it will be a head-warmer for a coworker w/kitten ears done with pink in the ears. She's begged for one, so she gets one. I hope to have it done by the end of this week.

Currently finishing up a kitty kicker (as the pattern is easy and I have it memorized) which has become my "in between projects" project. Made quite a few for Rob's step-mother and they were a hit with her kitties. I also did another octopus and a few whales that look like strange fishies.

Kitty knitting is so quick and easy. I know that most cats are pretty easy to please. It's the picky ones like my Ruby that give the most satisfaction when they play with a toy you've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment